A working group of 13 Republican senators will draft the Senate’s model of laws to repeal and substitute Obamacare.
Senate GOP management will not affirm the names on the listing, however particular person workplaces have revealed its members.
The panel is made up principally of the chairmen and members of the three committees which have jurisdiction over healthcare, and in addition includes Republican management.
There are no women on the panel, which has already led to some criticism from Democrats.
The record additionally excludes Sens. Susan Collins, R-Maine, and Bill Cassidy, R-La., who’ve written their very own healthcare invoice that may give states the choice of auto-enrolling residents in a primary health and pharmacy plan.
Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn, R-Texas, who’s within the group, stated Collins and Cassidy have been “an integral part of the discussions so far.”
Here’s the listing:
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
- Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas,
- Senate Republican Conference Chair John Thune, R-S.D.
- Senate Republican Policy Committee Chair John Barrasso, R-Wyo.
- Senate Steering Committee Chair Mike Lee, R-Utah
- Senate Finance Committee Chair Orrin Hatch, R-Utah
- Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Chair Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.
- Senate Budget Committee Chair Mike Enzi, R-Wyo.
- Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio (Finance Health Subcommittee Chair)
- Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa. (Finance)
- Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Col. (Budget)
- Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas
- Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark.