Good morning! It felt good to put in writing right here yesterday. I’ve missed this place.
Thoughts for at the moment:
- Running typically sucks. That was the purpose of my video yesterday I posted to instagram. Does that imply I’ve ever regretted a run? Nope, by no means. Does that imply I need to run lower than I’m operating now? Nope, I actually do like it. Do I adore it every single day? Not a lot. Does that imply I wouldn’t need to run each day? No approach, I’d love to have the ability to run each single day. It simply signifies that whereas I love operating within the general sense, typically I don’t prefer it. If you get bored immediately take into consideration belongings you actually love, however typically don’t like. For me, it makes me really feel higher about my relationship with operating and visa versa – these issues/relationships the place I really feel I don’t even like this – what am I doing?! I am then reminded – nicely truly typically I do prefer it, and general I truly adore it, it’s simply that typically the grind let’s consider – will get previous. You really feel me or have I misplaced you?
- Thank you to everybody who joined the I Run This Body facebook group yesterday! I love seeing new faces. If you’re already within the group, be happy to ask your mates to hitch! The extra the merrier! BTW the group is a personal group, which means that what you submit just isn’t out in public, solely members of the group can see what’s being stated. I made the group this strategy to maintain it from turning into spammy. Which leads me to my subsequent level – I’m making an attempt to maintain the group a supportive place that’s useful, not one other place the place everybody self promotes their instagram footage. So whereas I handle the group, you gained’t discover me sharing my articles in there or selling “Mile Posts.”
- I’ve acquired loads of emails about who my coach is! I employed my pal Jess final yr and that’s who I am nonetheless working with. I LOVE her as a coach. For transparency, I am paying her to teach me. A. This is what she does to earn a dwelling, so I need to help her. B. I have discovered that if you aren’t paying for a service and are getting it free of charge, it could possibly typically scale back the general accountability. Let’s take for instance HEADSPACE. I don’t like paying for it each month, however know I meditate extra actually because I AM paying for it. I am NOT a fan of losing cash, in order that motivates me. Back to Jess although – she has room for 2 extra shoppers in case you are considering of hiring a coach. You can discover her web site HERE and her instagram HERE.
- Strava informed me I ran over 1,000 miles final yr. That’s cool since I haven’t counted what number of miles I run in a yr ever from what I keep in mind. It now nevertheless, has me all aggressive with myself…I didn’t be a part of Strava until half means by way of the yr….I was capable of pull my Garmin knowledge from a few my watches however clearly all my treadmill runs whereas coaching for Boston weren’t included In current years I stopped protecting a document of my weekly runs…I can speak about why one other time. I additionally misplaced the info utterly on certainly one of my Garmin watches, so it’s lacking that as properly. So I’m hoping my aim of 1,818 miles this yr can be straightforward to hit, however who is aware of. If you need to comply with me on Strava you’ll find my coaching HERE. Oh and the way might I overlook – there’s an I Run This Body membership on Strava too! Here’s the hyperlink — https://www.strava.com/clubs/irunthisbody
- We obtained a brand new kitchen rug!! I know, so thrilling proper? Well it was thrilling to me. We have wanted a bigger one for a really very long time, however rugs are RIDICULOUSLY costly, and when you’ve gotten three youngsters that wish to make messes, it may well really feel like an enormous waste of cash to get something good. Lottie posted a photograph final week of her new rug for her bed room – when she informed me what she paid it sealed the deal and I did ask her if she minded that I was copying her 😉 . It was my first time ordering from Overstock.com and I’ll definetly order from them sooner or later. The rug is a bit of whiter in individual than I thought it was going to be, which suggests I will now be the loopy mother who’s all the time yelling about ensuring you’ve clear ft, however it’s what it’s. It’s thinner than the rug we had there earlier than which I anticipated so it might use a mat underneath it, however that should wait.