I’ll not eat grains (that much), however they nonetheless have their makes use of. This oatmeal lavender facial scrub recipe helps to appease and calm pores and skin whereas gently serving to to exfoliate it. It could be a good answer for these with delicate pores and skin, nevertheless it’s additionally helpful for all pores and skin varieties!
Facial Scrub Ingredients (And Why They’re Used)
These are the essential components that I exploit on this scrub. If you aren’t into the DIY however need a tremendous pure facial cleaning scrub, I love this handmade one from Crunchy Betty and use it once I don’t really feel like making it myself.
While you gained’t sometimes see a bowl of rolled oats at my breakfast desk, oatmeal is an affordable and pure approach to look after the pores and skin. People have been utilizing oats for skincare for about four,000 years. When the oats are finely floor they type what’s referred to as colloidal oatmeal.
The New Zealand Dermatological Society lists the various confirmed advantages of oatmeal for pores and skin:
- types a barrier to guard pores and skin towards irritants and stability regular pores and skin pH
- moisturizes pores and skin with water-binding polysaccharides, hydrocolloids, and fat
- soothes itchy, dry pores and skin with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- guards towards photoaging (solar injury)
- lowers prostaglandin manufacturing and arachidonic acid launch
It’s no marvel colloidal oatmeal is in so many pores and skin merchandise!
Lavender is one among my absolute favourite herbs, and I’ve detailed more about it here. This facial scrub recipe makes use of each lavender flowers and lavender important oil, which each assist calm and heal the pores and skin. The flowers add additional exfoliation whereas the lavender important oil provides concentrated useful properties … to not point out each odor superb!
Baking Soda and Sea Salt
Lavender and oatmeal are very mild, however I’ve added a little baking soda and sea salt assist to up the scrubbing energy.
Baking soda is a really positive powder, so it acts like a microdermabrasion to softly exfoliate the pores and skin. Sea salt is a bit of coarser however solely a small quantity is used general in order to not overpower the opposite elements on this facial scrub recipe. Himalayan sea salt is my favourite to make use of because it nourishes the pores and skin with all kinds of minerals.
Gentle Oatmeal Lavender Facial Scrub Recipe
This is one among my new favourite magnificence recipes, and I feel you’re going to adore it as nicely!
- Place the rolled oats, lavender important oil, and lavender flowers right into a espresso grinder and pulse till floor, about 45-60 seconds. A blender can be used, however a espresso grinder is the popular choice right here.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir within the baking soda and sea salt.
- Store the face scrub in a glass jar. To use, mix 2 teaspoons of the scrub with 1 ½ tsp water or milk, then gently scrub throughout the face with the fingers.
Tips for Using the Facial Scrub
- The scrub may also be combined with aloe vera or honey if most popular. Both of those soothe the pores and skin and assist to rejuvenate and calm.
- This additionally works properly as a masks. Simply combine the scrub with the specified liquid till it’s a thick paste, and clean over the pores and skin. After 10-20 minutes it may be rinsed off with heat water.
Have you ever used oatmeal in your pores and skin earlier than? What are your favourite skin-soothing elements?