I’ve shared earlier than how I wash my face with oil and how that has been the best skin care routine I’ve ever used. Some readers commented that they nonetheless hadn’t discovered the suitable mixture of oils for his or her pores and skin sort, so I needed to share one other pure face wash I lately discovered…
Sound unusual? So does cleansing your face with oil, nevertheless it seems that they’re each pure and efficient methods to cleanse pores and skin naturally.
Honey Face Mask (or Wash)
For this technique, raw honey have to be used. Raw honey has pure anti-bacterial properties and accommodates enzymes and probiotics which might be good for pores and skin. This technique could be particularly good for acne-prone pores and skin because it doesn’t cease moisture from the pores and skin however does scale back oils and micro organism. (Acne is often in inner drawback although, so it is very important take a look at food plan too!)
Honey is gentler than soaps, which strip the pores and skin of useful oils, and it gently nourishes pores and skin. I do know an area vet w ho has even used uncooked honey to hurry pores and skin therapeutic on animals because it helps scale back micro organism and velocity therapeutic whereas defending the pores and skin from outdoors disturbances. This concept seems to have some scientific backing, as there at the moment are medical grade ointments (like this one) that use honey for wound and burn therapeutic in people.
What Kind of Honey
I’ve personally tried two several types of honey for facial cleaning:
Both appear to work rather well. Manuka honey is taken into account extra cleaning and antibacterial (and has health advantages when used internally) however from what I discovered, both one works nice for skincare (and uncooked honey is cheaper). I usually use a barely lesser high quality honey for face cleaning than I exploit with meals. As lengthy as a honey is uncooked and ideally natural, it’s nice for pores and skin use.
I additionally nonetheless use the Oil Cleansing Method daily and I exploit honey for a masks or second wash if wanted. Typically, I wash my face at night time with the oil cleaning technique because it additionally removes make-up, and use the honey masks within the morning earlier than showering. I maintain a small jar and spoon of honey on my toilet counter for this function….
A good friend of mine additionally beneficial including a tiny little bit of vitamin C powder (which can also be nice for pores and skin) and a few important oils for additional anti-bacterial and pimples preventing energy.
Since then, I’ve been experimenting with variations of this honey face masks and cleanser. Different variations appear to work for various pores and skin varieties.
Personally, I combine a couple of drops of lavender and frankincense oils in to the honey I maintain in my toilet. I additionally typically add a touch of cinnamon or Vitamin C. Always spot check on the inside arm earlier than placing something on the face!
- Cinnamon– For oily or infected pores and skin, add a tiny quantity (lower than 1/2 teaspoon) of cinnamon powder to the honey earlier than massaging onto your face. This is just too robust for some pores and skin varieties and could also be drying.
- Lemon– For age spots or darkish patches on pores and skin, attempt lemon. Adding a teaspoon of lemon juice to honey earlier than massaging onto pores and skin helps clear pores and lighten darkish spots. Vitamin C powder additionally works for this.
- Lavender– To stability pores and skin, attempt lavender! Add 2 drops of natural lavender important oil to a teaspoon of honey and therapeutic massage into pores and skin.
How to Honey as a Face Mask
- Wet face with heat water. Place a small quantity of honey in your arms (Usually lower than a teaspoon is lots) and rub your arms collectively. (I use this honey)
- Massage in to pores and skin in a round movement to get all areas of the pores and skin.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes for deep pore cleaning.
- Wash off with heat water and pat dry.
- Enjoy the tender pores and skin!
How to Use Honey as a Facial Cleanser
To cleanse with honey with out doing a face masks, simply therapeutic massage a teaspoon of honey into damp pores and skin utilizing round actions. Wash nicely with heat water and pat dry.
Have you ever washed your face with an uncommon ingredient? Tell me under!