ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, MD – The Anne Arundel County Department of Health is working to advertise wholesome pregnancies and wholesome infants by providing recommendations on journey security, residence security and wholesome consuming in the course of the holidays. Tips are available on the “Healthy Moms and Healthy Babies” webpage or by calling 410-222-7223.
- Always use a toddler automotive security seat that’s put in appropriately and is acceptable for the kid’s peak and weight. By Maryland regulation, all youngsters beneath eight years previous should journey in a automotive security seat until they’re taller than four ft 9 inches.
- Always present a protected sleep setting for infants and younger youngsters. Infants ought to by no means sleep on a chair, couch or grownup mattress, or with different individuals. Infants must be positioned on their backs in a crib or moveable crib with out blankets, stuffed animals or pillows. Remember the ABCs of protected sleeping – Alone, on their Backs, in a protected Crib.
- Closely supervise youngsters always when visiting different individuals’s houses. Make positive that toxins, drugs and family cleaners are secured and out of youngsters’s sight and attain.
- Avoid secondhand smoke, which is particularly harmful for pregnant women and infants.
- Pregnant women and different relations ought to keep a nutritious diet. Eat plenty of fruit and greens, and prepare dinner with fat-free or low-fat substitutes.
- Drink loads of water, 100 % juice and low-fat milk. Avoid sugary drinks. To keep away from foodborne sicknesses, examine expiration dates on all meals. Do not eat meals which were sitting out greater than two hours and use leftovers inside 4 days.
The Department of Health presents free Healthy Pregnancy and Baby Care Kits to Anne Arundel County residents. Kits can be ordered online or by calling 410-222-7223.
Image by way of Shutterstock